I made a list of 5 things that you can do daily to increase your productivity in order to make sure you’re on the path to success. Under each of the five tips, I provided reasons as to why I believe they work as well as any other extra tips I had.
- Wake up early.
- You are freshest in the morning – use this to your advantage.
- It provides you with an early start to your day; giving you that extra edge over your competition.
- You have the least amount of distractions in the early morning hours; most people will probably still be sleeping while you’ll be out there chasing your goals.
- Try to wake up at the same time everyday, this helps get you into a routine and makes waking up in the early mornings easier.
- Create a morning routine.
- This helps to take the decision making in the morning off of your shoulders.
- Eat the same breakfast everyday so you don’t have to spend time thinking about what to make; you only have so much energy in any given day.
- Listen to some productive audiobook or podcast for a little bit; look for an idea that you can implement today. Don’t just listen; it’s better to listen for 5 minutes and implement something than listen for 2 hours without changing anything.
- It is a good idea to read your goals in the morning. It can help remind you why you are doing what you’re doing. Understanding this one thing can help keep you on the right path when motivation is running low.
- Make a list of your top five things to do today. And do them!
- These can be business, personal, health or anything in between.
- Make them items that bring you closer to achieving your long-term goals.
- You don’t have to reap the rewards for these actions today but over the long-run, success will be undeniable if these actions are completed on a daily basis.
- This helps to keep you focused. Make a list of five things you need to do today, put your head down, and keep working until they’re done. It’s as simple as that.
- Five is not a daunting number; you don’t want to overwhelm yourself by trying to expect too much out of yourself during any given day. It is better to achieve these five tasks and do extra on top than it is to make a list of ten tasks and only complete eight.
- If you do 5 things a day that bring you closer to your future, over time you will be where you want to be. Big success is nothing more than a series of small successes.
- Do the hardest things on your list first.
- As I said earlier, your brain is the freshest in the morning. You have the least amount of resistance at this point, use this time wisely.
- You want to do the hardest things when you don’t have many distractions. Your brain is looking for excuses whenever it can, so by minimizing your distractions you’ll be able to stay focused better on the task at hand.
- You won’t have to spend all day dreading doing that “one big task” if you get it knocked off your list early in the day.
- Forcing yourself to do the hardest task first takes procrastination out of the picture. Just sit down and start working until it’s done.
- Once the hardest thing is done, it’s easier to keep going. Eliminating the most difficult task gives you the motivation and confidence required to continue productively through the rest of your day.
- Major key for success (as DJ Khaled would say).
- It declutters your mental and physical space. Your head is clearer when you are organized and don’t have to keep track of everything in your mind.
- Helps you to see your long-term vision clearer.
That’s it for today. I hope these tips helped! Try them out and let me know how it goes for you. I’d love to hear some feedback.
Get after your goals and make your dreams become reality.